Wow! I was nominated by 2 bloggers that I follow and love to read for this award
The Hip Teacher and the second blogger to give me this award is Mission Control . Both are new bloggers that I found from the newbie linky party (see previous post). Now, imagine the lights dimmed, with just a spotlight on the stage as I walk up to claim my award. I'm wearing the latest designer fashion dress- a sparkly sequined lime green dress with matching shoes! My hair is in a tasteful upsweep and my nails and make up are perfectly done (a girl can dream, right?). I approach the microphone to make my acceptance speech and... "bzzzzz..." "Can someone get the clothes out of the dryer?" (Big sigh..) Such is the true life of a blogger award winner! Now onto the rules of accepting this award-
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and include a link to their site.
Include the award image in your post.
3. Give seven random facts about
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award and include a link to
5. Let bloggers know they've been nominated.
So thank you again to The Hip Teacher and Mission Control. Now for the 7 random facts about me.
1. I took piano lessons for 12 years, but sadly still cannot play without music!
2. I taught special ed. on an island in Lake Erie, Put in Bay and had to fly to another island to coordinate lessons with a teacher in a one room schoolhouse!
3. I love cats, cows and owls.
4. When I lived on Put in Bay (the island) I helped bring a ferryboat down through the locks of the Erie Canal. Mainly I rode along and prepared meals for the crew!
5. I am the first person in my family to graduate from college and get my master's degree!
6. I once lived in a converted one room schoolhouse, that my parents' owned and that my dad was born in!
7. Even though now I'm pretty quiet around people I don't know very well, when I was in 4th grade I talked to anyone that I sat by! It didn't matter if it was a boy or girl! It got so bad that the teacher put a blab (a cloth headband) on my mouth!
Now for the nominations - which is getting hard to find people that don't already have this award!
1. Teaching my Friends
2. The Teaching Thief
3. Ashleigh's Education Journey
4. Third Grade is a Hoot
5. Think * Share * Teach
6. Will Grade for Coffee
7. The Wise and Witty Teacher
8. Plant, Grow, Bloom!
9. I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher
10. Heather's Heart
11. A Special Kind of Class
I know this is only 11, but they are absolutely great blogs. I will try to find 4 more bloggers that are deserving of this award and don't already have it! It's hard as there are so many great bloggers out there!