Image Map

Monday, July 23, 2012

Rain, heat, bad cat, and Monday Made it!

I woke up this morning to gray, cloudy skies. It rained for about 3 minutes!! I guess we will take what we can get. It's already up to 90 here at 1:00 pm! The weatherman said it would feel like 101 around 4 today! As I was getting ready to take pictures of my Monday Made It projects and write this blog, my one cat, Pepper, decided she needed attention. She jumped on the bookcase, chewed a plant's leaves, jumped on the table, chewed on the curtains, and laid on my projects!

Then she gave me the evil eye- like I was the one who was causing all the trouble!

I started to tell her that she was making poor choices, when I realized that she is a cat I was talking to a cat!! So I ended up playing with her for awhile so that she would calm down and relax! I guess she's going through the terrible two's! So on to my projects, why do I always think I will get more done? I guess I underestimate the time that I have to work, or that I want to actually work! I go back in 3 weeks and 1 day for the opening meetings. Then the rest of that week will be setting up the classroom, training for de-esculating and restraining students, and all the other meetings that the administration will hold. My school is going through some changes with administration. We don't really have a principal, but a supervisor and a lead teacher that oversees what we do and how we teach, so kind of like a principal! So I'm sure there will be many meetings in preparing for the new school year. Add to that, I've changed classrooms and assignment- last year I had 7th graders and this year I will have 4th and 5th graders, and possibly a couple of lower functioning 6th graders. I asked to change, as I wanted a new challenge! I have taught 5th and 6th grade before and liked it. Ok, I promise, here are my projects.
Lesson Plan templates for all subjects!
Tote for papers with no name! I got the idea from Tonya over at Tonya's treats for teachers blog, this way on Friday's I can just dump everything into the recycling bin!

My birthday poster- why does this one come out sideways? Pepper?

I have a new shopping list for Target, but I'm sure I'll be adding to the list after seeing everyone else's projects! So head on over to 4th Grade Frolics and add your link!


3 comments:

Mrs. D said...

Cute birthday poster! I <3 owls!! :)

Ashley Dudeck said...

I LOVE that your cat is in your pictures! Mine does that to me all the time! :)

Thanks for stopping by my jitters blog hop!

Ashley @ Fierce in Fourth

lois said...

I am loving your birthday poster. I'm glad I am not the only one that is making one. I also love your cat. Makes me miss mine.
I'm your newest follower!
Mrs. Bi-Polar Pirate