Image Map

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Thursday is the time to party!

I'm joining up with two linky parties! I love a good party! Please join us and we'll have a good time!
Click here
Miss Squirrel is having a linky party for quick and easy recipes, which just happen to be my favorite kind of meals! I went through all of my recipes looking for a good meal that is quick, easy, has common ingredients, and won't break the bank to make.  This is a recipe that I've made several times and the Mr. claims these are the best pork chops he has ever eaten!

Spicy Pork Chops- you could substitute chicken or maybe a steak? Basically the recipe is a rub.
Ingredients:
1- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons worchestershire sauce
4 boneless pork chops (about 1/2 inch thick)
Directions:
1. Preheat broiler or grill
2. Combine the first 5 ingredients. Stir until a paste forms.
3. Rub on both sides of the chops (or other meat of your choice)
4. Broil or grill 4 to 5 min. per side until no longer pink.

I make these with corn on the cob, that I do in the microwave (husks on) 2 ears for 8 minutes, then take out, hold with pot holder or oven mitt, cut off the bottom end (not the silk end) push cob out of the just cut end and you will only have a few pieces of silk on the cob!  I also have served with green beans and baked potatoes. I like it because it is so easy and yummy!


Teaching in Room 6

Stephanie from Teaching in Room 6 is hosting a linky party to help out newer teachers. Actually I believe anyone can learn from some of the great tips and advice. I know that even after 20 + years of teaching, I'm still learning from other teachers!
1. Never stop learning! Sign up for any free or low cost workshop, seminar, class that is offered. I've even watched webinars on my computer at home. I've taken science workshops and received free items and even guest speakers to come into my class! It is a way that I can bring in new information and ideas to my class so that my teaching continues to grow and stay fresh and exciting.
2. Admit your mistakes and ask for help. We as teachers tend to get in a mindset that we know, or should know, the answers to it all. I have had students ask me questions that I don't know the answer to and suggest that they research it, or that we will look for additional resources to find out more information. I've also made many mistakes in the classroom. It's a lot easier to aologize and admit it right away then it is to hope that no one will notice and "sweep it under the rug". As soon as I don't know what to do or have trouble with a situation, I ask. I might even ask several people in case the first one doesn't know either! We all have had times that we can't think clearly and need help.
3. Plan for anything! Prepare and over prepare lessons. What seems like it will last 20 minutes may end up lasting 5 or may not even be able to occur because of students behaviors or actions. Always have a back up plan available. I like to have a folder with several time fillers like review games, lessons that require little or no materials, or team building exercises. This way if my class is having a hard time concentrating on reading about the War of 1425 (or whatever) or a student is having a crisis and we have to leave the room in order to be safe, I can have my class still learn and be productive. One of my students' favorite activities is the boggle game or I give them a word or phrase and they have to write out all the words they can using just the letters in the given word or phrase.





4 comments:

iTeach 1:1 said...

I will have to try this recipe. I have never made a pork chop recipe that I've liked.. yet. Thanks for sharing.
Kristin
iTeach 1:1

Kim @ Mrs. Hs Resource Room said...

Good recipe! I found your blog through one of the linky parties you joined. I am a fellow spec. ed. teacher! I love my job and I love finding other spec ed bloggers to share ideas with. You have a cute blog and good ideas! I love the little owls!
Check out my blog at mrshsresourceroom.blogspot.com

new follower,
Kim

Carrie said...

Thanks for sharing! I like spicy, so I'm gonna give this a try.

Carrie
The Common Core Classroom

childrens party supplies said...

I like the idea! Thanks for the tips.